Monday, March 24, 2008

downtrotten.....

i often feel this way about life. I get into these depressed states for a few days normally focusing around problems I'm dealing with. i guess this weekend i was feeling a little on the depressed side. Somehow i always find refuge and hope in Gods word though. so i guess that's what this post is about hope.

In John 14:18-19 Jesus says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. because I live, you also will live"

This verse is pretty amazing to me. The comparing us to orphans is beautiful comparison in my opinion it really is how I feel a lot of the time. I think it really is who we are as people so lost, stumbling around trying to find happiness. Yet we have non just a momentary joy the slowly fads away soon after that moment. Then Jesus comes along and gives us undying joy. That's pretty cool.

Then i love how Jesus puts it when he says they wont see me anymore but you will see me. I think that really encouraging to us. I always find that Jesus places words in my life that i need right when i need them and not a second to late.

That is all.
Peace.
Love.
Hope.

No comments: