Wednesday, February 13, 2008

this generation,,,,,,

i had the pleasure of spending an evening listening to Shane Claiborne speak last night. check out his website here. He said some pretty powerful things throughout the night. Shane has a message of love, he's done time in Calcutta serving the people there and has started a community in Philadelphia to help poor and homeless families there. He was phenomenal as a speaker and as a person he said one thing that really stuck out to me that night though. At the very end of his speaking he said whenever we look up to God and say why don't you do something about this broken world we'll hear him whisper "i did, i created you". That sent a shiver down my spine, it is so true we are the difference in peoples lives you know. I feel that this generation is the first generation in a long time that is actually willing to lay their lives down to spread Gods love. I see it in the people in my life they know God is love to everyone, not just to keep to ourselves. I think if we truly appreciate something in our lives we naturally want to share it with others but the gospel somehow has not been. As crazy as this may sound i believe we can change the world, i believe we can change lives, i believe God can do anything he wants to with us as long as we are willing to do it.

I'm so excited for this. I talked to Shane afterwards he was one of the most humble men I've ever met. he refused to take credit for anything that he had done he just kept saying "we'll God is good". I want that humbleness in me! With Gods grace someday i will have it.

I will love as You have loved before me.
I will love all that i see.
I will love until its all i can be.

No comments: