Thursday, October 9, 2008

using the fools..............

I think it's really amazing how God uses so many failures through out scriptures to further his ministry. Whats even more interesting is that the bible continually chooses to expose these flaws. A fluke? I think not that was the point, to expose the fact that they had problems and were still able to be used. To much today we get so caught up in the fact that we need to be the perfect example of Jesus, yet in all of it ultimately that it is impossible to achieve. I think the world needs to see our brokenness because their seems to be this common misconception that us followers of Jesus are perfect. Sorry peeps but that simply isn't true in my own life and I have no problem admitting that. I fail Him on a daily basis and yet he has called me to continue to get better and has used me already in the lives of others. I think there is a very powerful message in that: a man that uses the losers, idiots, and fools in the world for his glory. I read a quote the other day that i think speaks volumes about this and it's quite funny too.

"God spoke to Balaam through his ass, and God's been speaking through them ever since"
-Rich Mullins

No comments: