Thursday, September 20, 2007

the theory of love......

so I've been thinking about love alot lately not because I'm in love but because Ive tried to lock down what love truly is. is it the feelings you have for a girl you just met a week ago? is it the thing that parents show when they put up with so much of the crap that you give them? is it the feeling you get when you finally buy something you've wanted for a long time? these things may sound ridiculous but when were honest with ourselves this truly is what we cherish, treasure, and ultimately love. i think we(myself included) have missed the point. love isn't temporary love is eternal and decides who we eventually become. the bible says that to give love to others you must first know and love God. Ive become truly convinced that until i love God with all my heart that i wont find the one or truly give out all the affection and honesty that I'm capable of. its strange that i can walk by a person that I've never met before and know in my heart that I'm supposed to love them. i want to scream out to them "i love you" but i wouldn't be being honest because i don't know or understand love completely. God has a plan and for that I'm thankful because to be honest with you i feel so completely lost right now. not because Ive lost sight of God but because I'm at such a crossroads in my life right now. College is incredible and truly a one of a kind experience. but college is also very hard and if i didn't have God here with me i wouldn't make it, I'm really learning to depend on him more than ever, I'm so thankful for this because i know hes teaching me and this time hes got my full attention. for the first time in a long time i might add.
so for what its worth, to anyone that might eventually read this i love you
Is your love really Love?
Is my love really Love?
I think our love isn't Love,
Unless it's Love to the end.

No comments: